This course will be conducted in English.
Looking at the world at large, we're facing a period of major change that's rarely seen in a century. Looking back to the year of 2020, Britain exited from the EU, the price of crude oil slumped into negative for the first time in history, China-U.S. relations deteriorate significantly, the negotiation completion of China-EU CAI, and the global economy is on the risk of sinking into recession because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
IMF statistics show that China, where businesses started reopening in April, 2020, and new infections have been minimal, is the only major economy now to have growth in 2020. We witness China is moving toward a high-quality development model with its unique national governance characteristics, while China will draw a blueprint for the next five years at the National People's Congress in March 2021.
Why is China overcoming the chaos and keeping growth? What role does the Chinese government play in guiding the country into success? How should multinational corporations take advantage of China's characteristics to keep business growth?
Over the past four decades, the Chinese government has played a vital role in the process of social and economic development, guiding China's transition from a planned economy to a market economy. During this period, multinational companies have gradually entered China and are enjoying the benefits of opening-up and reform. At the same time, they also noted the importance of communicating and cooperating with various stakeholders from a panorama of perspectives to deal with various challenges.
It is time to seriously study the Chinese government hierarchy, how the government governs the country, the evolution of China's economy system, where the Chinese economy is moving toward and how to cooperate with the Chinese government.
This course is intended to help Government Affairs (GA) practitioners to better systematically understand how the Chinese government governs the country, the role of the Chinese government in economic development, the objectives of the Chinese economy development, and how to cooperate with the Chinese government to keep business growth.
1. Basic Concept
• Who is Chinese government?
• What has been going on in China in the past forty years?
• Where is China's economy going?
2. Government affairs in China
• Why is government affairs work important in China?
• What can government affairs do to help business growth in China?
3. How to establish professional and effective government relations in China?
• How to deal with Chinese government?
• The relationship with China's characteristics
4. Strategic role of government affairs in China
• China's macro regulatory environment and development trend, especially under the guidance of the 14th Five-Year Plan (2021-2025)
• China-U.S. and China-EU economic relations analysis discussion from government affairs perspective
Who Should Attend?
• GA associates and managers that want to have a systematic improvement of their skillsets.
• Senior executives and business people who need to have a better understanding of China's social and economic governance and how to systematically work for government affairs.